Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Why I Prefer to Be in a Facebook Relationship

I've had plenty of dates over the years and been in my share of both serious and casual relationships along the way. None of that could've ever prepared me for being in a Facebook relationship--meaning, it was nothing like I expected! After all, I was always a skeptic when it came to online dating sites and never tried one so it was pretty surprising when I found out that lots of people are dating on Facebook. I didn't understand it at first but thought, 'Hey, if everyone else is doing it, why not give it a try?'

I started out by joining a hodge-podge of groups and pages that I found interesting or that were reflections of my likes and tastes and started posting to them on a regular basis. Before I knew it, I was a 'regular' at some of them and the other people on those pages noticed when I'd been offline for a few days. That was how I started dating Facebook style. A couple of interesting ladies reached out to me privately a couple of times and we opted to spend some time online and on the phone getting to know each other better. One of them I consider a really good friend to this day but the other one became my "Facebook relationship."

She's a great woman and I feel lucky to have found her thanks to the social media giant. Our mutual interest in seashells brought us together on a group page but our additional likes and dislikes gave us both additional ammunition when it came to why we should be together. Talking with her was always easy and never felt like 'work.' For those reasons, I can't say enough good things about relationships that start and thrive on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment